- 1 What made St Monica a saint?
- 2 When did Saint Monica become a saint?
- 3 How long did Monica pray for Augustine?
- 4 Who are the female saints?
- 5 Who is the patron saint of alcoholics?
- 6 What saint do you pray to for patience?
- 7 Who is the patron saint for mothers?
- 8 What can we learn from St Monica?
- 9 How did Monica influence Augustine?
- 10 What happened to St Augustine’s son?
- 11 Why is St Michael the patron saint of police officers?
What made St Monica a saint?
Saint Monica is a patron saint for mothers and wives. She was an exemplary woman who never gave up hope and her faith in God among all tribulations in her family life. If there are mothers out there who suffer from children gone astray, hear is your saint whom you could take as a role model.
When did Saint Monica become a saint?
During the 13th century, however, the cult of St. Monica began to spread and a feast in her honour was kept on 4 May. In 1430, Pope Martin V ordered the relics to be brought to Rome. Many miracles are said to have occurred on the way, and the cultus of St.
How long did Monica pray for Augustine?
After 17 years of resistance, Augustine converted to Christianity under the wise instruction of St. Ambrose, bishop of Milan. Monica’s extended period of longsuffering for him matched her waiting for her husband, for whom she may have prayed for as long as 30 years.
Who are the female saints?
Pages in category “Late Ancient Christian female saints ”
- Adrian and Natalia of Nicomedia.
- Saint Afra.
- Agape, Chionia, and Irene.
- Agnes of Rome.
- Anastasia of Sirmium.
- Antonina and Alexander.
- Anysia of Salonika.
- Saint Apollonia.
Who is the patron saint of alcoholics?
|Venerable Matt Talbot O.F.S.|
|Venerated in||Catholic Church|
|Patronage||People who struggle with alcoholism Addictions|
|Major works||Piety, charity and mortification of the flesh|
What saint do you pray to for patience?
Examples of patience abound from St Francis’ life, but equally helpful are his wise counsels. Here are a few gems, “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit.
Who is the patron saint for mothers?
St Monica She’s the patron saint of mothers, wives, abuse victims and alcoholics.
What can we learn from St Monica?
3 Motherhood Lessons We Can Learn From St. Monica
- #1: Be true to yourself. Marriage of Saint Monica by Antonio Vivarini, 1441 (Photo from Wikipedia)
- #2: Find it in your heart to forgive. Photo from Catholics Striving for Holiness.
- #3: Have patience and be open to change.
How did Monica influence Augustine?
Monica, the mother of St. Augustine, was relentless in her attempts to convert her son to Christianity. In the end, as Augustine wrote in his book Confessions, it was his mother’s extreme piety which convinced him to convert. In particular, he was impressed by Monica’s love for poor and disadvantaged people,
What happened to St Augustine’s son?
family property, raising the son, Adeodatus, left him by his long-term lover (her name is unknown) taken from the lower classes, and continuing his literary pastimes. The death of that son while still an adolescent left Augustine with no obligation to hand on the family property, and so he disposed…
Why is St Michael the patron saint of police officers?
Many reasons could help explain why Michael was chosen by Police Officers throughout the world as their patron saint but the one easily identifiable reason is that St Michael, Archangel Michael, is known for his ability to protect and caste out evil which lies at the heart of police officers and protectors of the peace