- 1 What is the best area to stay in St Maarten?
- 2 Is it better to stay on the French or Dutch side of St Martin?
- 3 What is the best time of year to go to St Maarten?
- 4 What is the best shore excursion in St Maarten?
- 5 Which side is better St Martin?
- 6 Which side is better St Maarten?
- 7 Is St Maarten expensive to visit?
- 8 Are there sharks in St Maarten?
- 9 What is the difference between Sint Maarten and Saint Martin?
- 10 Is Maho Beach dangerous?
- 11 What airlines fly to Saint Maarten?
- 12 What cities fly direct to St Maarten?
- 13 What is St Maarten known for?
- 14 What should I buy in St Maarten?
- 15 How much is the water taxi in St Maarten?
What is the best area to stay in St Maarten?
Best places to stay in St Maarten
- Dawn Beach. Dawn Beach sits on the eastern shores of St Maarten around 30 minutes’ drive from the airport.
- Simpson Bay. Simpson Bay on the south west side of the island has plenty to do during the day and in the evenings!
Is it better to stay on the French or Dutch side of St Martin?
The Dutch side has the international airport, cruise ship port and duty free shopping, while the French side is slightly more chic and less frenetic. You can find the best places to stay in St Martin on both sides of the island, it all depends on the kind of Caribbean break you’re yearning for.
What is the best time of year to go to St Maarten?
The best time to visit St. Martin and St. Maarten is May and June or between November and mid-December. These select weeks are times when hotels advertise their best rates.
What is the best shore excursion in St Maarten?
- Captain Bob Most Popular Speed Boat, Snorkeling and Beach Tour with Lunch.
- The Best Catamaran Day Sail in St Maarten.
- Full Day Snorkeling, Beach and Island Hopping Excursion/Tour.
- St Maarten Luxury Catamaran Full-Day Group Charter SXM Tour.
- Sky Explorer Flying Dutchman Schooner Ride and Sentry Hill Zip Line.
Which side is better St Martin?
For the Best Time American visitors might feel slightly more at home on the Dutch side, where the dollar is the de facto currency and English is the lingua franca, but you’ll find that many vendors on the French half also speak English and will offer you a competitive dollar-to-euro exchange rate, too.
Which side is better St Maarten?
Beaches: With much more unspoiled shoreline than Sint Maarten, the French side definitely has the advantage for beaches, with popular Orient Bay Beach drawing crowds, and the peaceful Friar’s Bay and appropriately named Happy Bay providing all the white sands and blue waters you’d expect on a Caribbean visit.
Is St Maarten expensive to visit?
St Maarten is not as expensive as you might think if you save money at some key points. The expenses in St Maarten are mid-level, compared to other Caribbean islands.
Are there sharks in St Maarten?
There’s only been one unprovoked and non-fatal bite reported in St. Martin, and it occurred in 2005, Tyler Bowling, manager of the Florida Program for Shark Research, told the AP. He said tiger sharks and bull sharks occasionally appear as well.
What is the difference between Sint Maarten and Saint Martin?
The French side, Saint – Martin, is 50% larger than the Dutch Sint Maarten. Sometimes, people refer to the whole island as “ St – Martin / St Maarten ” or “SXM,” which is the IATA airport code for the island’s main airport on the Dutch side, Princess Juliana International Airport.
Is Maho Beach dangerous?
With winds from the airplanes reaching more than 100 mph, serious injury or even death is possible and many tourists have been blown into the ocean from the force of the jet blast. Although there are numerous signs warning people to stay away, hundreds still flock to the area for the thrill and experience.
What airlines fly to Saint Maarten?
Which airlines offer direct flights to St Maarten? Winair, Air Antilles Express, Saint Barth Commuter, Air France, KLM, jetBlue, American Airlines and Qatar Airways all fly non-stop to St Maarten.
What cities fly direct to St Maarten?
Direct Flights Destinations
- Boston *
- Fort Lauderdale.
- New York.
What is St Maarten known for?
St. Martin’s Dutch side is known for its festive nightlife, beaches, jewelry, drinks made with native rum-based guavaberry liquors, and casinos. The island’s French side is known for its nude beaches, clothes, shopping (including outdoor markets), and French and Indian Caribbean cuisine.
What should I buy in St Maarten?
Top 8 Things to Buy in St. Maarten
- Dutch Porcelain.
- Hot Sauces.
- Guavaberry Products.
- Flavored Liqueurs.
- Designer Clothing and Shoes.
- Perfumes and Cosmetics.
How much is the water taxi in St Maarten?
There are regular taxis for $3 per person or the water taxi for $5 one way or $7 per person for unlimited rides for the day. It was an easy decision. The water taxis leave every five to ten minutes and stop both at the beach and shopping area and at the downtown of Philipsburg, on the Dutch side of St. Maarten.